Your bed is where you spend a lot of your time (one-third of your day), so why not make it into a sanctuary? Contrary to popular belief, even white bedding does not have to take away from the style of your room by making it look like a hospital.
You can never go wrong with a fresh solid white
If you’ve ever wondered how to make your bedroom look more prominent, white Bed sheets are a great place to start. White is a neutral colour that can be used in any room and doesn’t clash with any other colours or patterns. It also works well as an accent colour with different colours.
White bedding creates a feeling of restfulness and relaxation, encouraging more sleep. The Colour white is known to develop a sense of cleanliness and organisation, which can benefit anyone looking to de-stress. White bedding is a good choice because it has several benefits, including:
- It helps you relax. The white colour of these sheets creates an airy, calming effect that lets you relax and unwind when you’re under pressure or anxious about something else.
- It makes your room appear more significant than it is. If you’ve got small spaces, this might not help as much—but if yours are on the large side, this will give them an even larger feel without adding any furniture (or money).
- It’s ideal for allergy sufferers because there’s no need to worry about dust mites hiding in darker colours like blue or brown.
- White sheets are easy to clean. If you have kids and pets, you know how painful it can be to keep your bed looking pristine. You don’t have to worry about stains because any spots will be easy to spot and wipe away.
Any other colours in mind?
When you’re working out what bedding set looks best for your space, try choosing one of the following:
- For a calming effect, choose simple coloured sheets that complement each other: maybe navy on top and black underneath? Or bright yellow on top and lime green on the bottom? The possibilities are endless.
- If your tastes run more rustic than contemporary (or vice versa), try pairing different textures together, perhaps, woollen blankets under cotton sheets. This will create a relaxing atmosphere while still showing off some personality through textural contrast between fabrics.
Pick the right fit for your mattress
Ensure the sheet fits tightly around the corners to keep it from wrinkling.
Get the correct size. Your sheets should fit tightly around the corners of your mattress to keep it from getting out of shape. If you have a pillow-top bed, make sure your sheets are deep enough to cover it or if you have a thick mattress, make sure that your Bed sheets are wide enough to protect them.
If you can’t find matching fitted sheets in the colour or pattern that matches your room decor perfectly, consider using colourful flat sheets instead. A solid coloured or patterned flat sheet can help unify all the other elements in your bedroom, like throw pillows and duvet covers, so that every aspect feels cohesive visually and functionally.
Choice of fabric
If you want to make your room look larger, linen sheets are a great option. Besides being durable and long-lasting, linen sheets also soften up beautifully over time.
Linen sheets are made from fibre extracted from flax plants, which makes them durable and long-lasting. They also tend to soften up beautifully over time. Flax plants have been used in clothing and bedding since ancient Egyptian times, and they continue to be popular today because they are so versatile.
The thread count of your linen is not as crucial as its thread quality. Cheap threads will pill, break and result in a short life span for the sheet. Quality threads will last longer, feel more comfortable and look better.