The 5G network technology has finally launched in India, and services for the mobile phones released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi October 1, 2022 in selected Indian cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Lucknow, Varanasi, Chandigarh, Jamnagar, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Pune, Siliguri, Gurugram. But we cannot expect complete transition soon, it is likely to take a few more years to cover the entire nation, may be by 2024 -Jio assures to cover the country by December 2023 and Airtel promises to cover by March 2024.
5G is trending in India. 5G is the 5th generation technology for broadband cellular communication technology, which will have approximately 10 to 20 times faster internet speeds and a peak data speed of about 20 Gbps, which is extreme compared to current 4G technology. 5G has low latency, which means if a sender sends a message, the receiver will receive it in less than a millisecond; faster internet speeds mean doctors can remotely perform surgeries and helps in developing advanced applications in various sectors. According to experts, the future of 5G in India is a cumulative economic impact of $1 trillion by 2035 and can deliver an additional GDP of $150 billion between 2025-40. So, now let us see is India ready for 5G topic along with Smart 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Smart 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
How will 5G benefit India?
- Increased Speed and Bandwidth
- Seamless coverage
- High data rate
- Low latency
- Faster download speeds
- Highly reliable communications system
- Higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds
- Massive network capacity
- Increased availability
Some of the factors that India needs to focus –
Even though India is already ready to adopt 5G but the nation needs a robust ecosystem because 5G can support enough use cases such as IoT devices, policy guidelines, customer awareness, and infrastructure access. Spectrum pricing is another factor that needs to be taken care of. Telecom companies are struggling to survive when it comes to spectrum price therefore, the government must keep the spectrum price low so that companies can invest in creating ecosystems for 5G that will reduce the financial burden on them. The other important factor is the spectrum pricing; with struggling Another most important factor is the local development of devices supporting 5G, which will decide the future of 5G in India by reducing cost and improving consumer choice as well as employability.
Here a question arises how do several industries ready to adapt to the new technology of 5G? Following are the answers to this question.
- Fibre Network – With 5G technology, the fibre footprint will have to be significantly increased compared to the present scenario, as 30-40% of India has fibre connectivity at present. This is the foremost reason that industries show interest to deploy 5G technology.
- Network Security – 5G network is an advanced technology and to address the risk of this advanced technology, service providers in India need to maintain sufficient security and protection measures. This will help cyber security companies for building and deploying suitable monitoring systems and security protocols.
- Regulatory – To keep the scale and functional requirements of the network technology 5G, it is critical for the telecom regulator to put in place a robust regulatory regime. Therefore, India needs to emphasize this.
It is important to assess whether a satisfactory 5G ecosystem is being developed in India for the deployment of 5G technology in an efficient manner or not. Further, it is also important for service providers and customers to address matters such as overcoming physical barriers for wider reach, fibre, and financial viability when it comes to 5G network. Similarly, one more crucial factor is network monitoring, and testing as several issues relating to network security may arise since 5G is rolled out in India. Here comes RantCell, which is designed to provide QoE on 5G/4G network coverages. You can simply install the RantCell app in your Android or iOS devices to run the test and get the report in near real time directly from RantCell web-based theviralnew dashboard.